IPIG Leadership Transition Announcement
The Board of Directors of the International PNH Interest Group (IPIG) is pleased to announce the appointment of new IPIG officers following the retirement from the Board of Peter Hillmen. The Board – comprising Antonio M. Risitano, Petra Muus, Shinji Nakao, Jun-ichi Nishimura, Charles J. Parker; Régis Peffault de Latour, Jeff Szer, Russell E. Ware, and Neal S. Young – took the following actions during a June 2022 meeting:
- Antonio M. Risitano, MD, PhD (Head of Hematology and BMT Unit, AORN San Giuseppe Moscati, Avellino, Italy) has been appointed to complete Dr. Hillmen’s terms of President and Chair until IPIG’s December 2022 Annual Meeting of Members.
- Jeff Szer, BMedSc, MB, BS (Professor, Classical Haematology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia), has been appointed Secretary of the Board, following the resignation of Dr. Risitano from that role.
- Richard Kelly, MBChB, PhD (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust) has been appointed as a new Board member until the 2022 Annual Meeting of Members.
- An Executive Committee has been appointed that includes:
- a. Antonio Risitano
- b. Petra Muus (Leeds Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust, Leeds, UK)
- c. Régis Peffault de Latour, (Hematology-Bone Marrow Transplantation, French Reference Center for Aplastic Anemia and Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria, Hôpital Saint-Louis and Université de Paris, Paris, France). Dr. Peffault de Latour also serves as IPIG Treasurer.
- d. Jeff Szer, who also serves as Officer for PNH Patient Registry activities
- e. Neal S. Young, MD, PhD, Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Washington DC, USA
- Jeff Szer and Richard Kelly have been authorized to represent IPIG during PNH Patient Registry discussions and to convene and facilitate meetings with industry partners and other registry third parties on IPIG’s behalf. Dr. Szer has also been authorized to enter into registry legal agreements on IPIG’s behalf with industry partners and other relevant third parties.
The IPIG Board is grateful to Dr. Hillmen for his commitment and leadership over the years since IPIG’s inception, as well as for his help facilitating the transition between leaderships.
The Board looks forward with confidence to continued programmatic growth, PNH Patient Registry development, and membership expansion under our new leadership, consistent with our mission to advance awareness, research, and optimal care of people living worldwide with PNH.