Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDA, or PNH Patient & Family Conferences
Are you a newly diagnosed patient, long-term survivor, caregiver, or friend of a patient? If so, you will want to know that the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF) will host free day-long regional Patient and Family Conferences for people living with PNH, aplastic anemia, and MDS throughout 2016 in different locations across the US.
The meetings offer people living with PNH opportunities to hear from and speak with nationally recognized PNH experts, to learn about standard treatment options as well as new therapies in development, and to connect with others who live with PNH. Speakers will also provide practical tips for living with these disorders and a safe environment where meeting participants can share experiences with fellow survivors coping with similar challenges. The weekend format makes it easy for family members and caregivers to attend at a time that’s convenient to school and work schedules.
There is no charge to attend, but advance registration is recommended. Breakfast and lunch are included.
Meetings will be held in the following locations:
- March 19: Washington, DC
- April 30, 2016: Cincinnati, OH (offered jointly with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute)
- June 18, 2016: Seattle, WA (featuring an interactive program for children)
- July 16: Raleigh, NC
- September 17: San Diego, CA (sessions in English and Spanish)
- October 8: San Antonio, TX (sessions in English and Spanish)
- November 6: West Palm Beach, FL
Visit AA&MDSIF for more information or to register.